How modern is democracy coping with “modernity”? Is the modern global society the Democracy we want and the World in which the future generations would like be born into? The youth, “generation z“, is challenging the generation in power to consider their interest on the future of the environment, that the will have to takeover as the next generation transits to economic and political power. So, what does the young generation want? The current society needs to familiarize itself with the principles of democracy, amidst the current trend in society to neglect the willingness to diplomatic cooperative and constructive dialogue between different views and ideologies. The conflict between the generation in power, those moving in to take power, and the future generations is not an invention of the 21st century, but part of social conflict cycle. The young generation is looking for political and economic inclusion. The Greeks might be the forefathers (“foremothers”) to democracy, but it is the responsibility of the current generation to build a sustainable society for the future generations. The FridayForFuture Movement is a call to all who heed to consciousness, impartiality and to a higher standard of morality in their decisionmaking process. There are indeed numerous different initiatives that embark on motivating global citizens to deal with the world’s problems.
Peace, Liberty and Justice on earth or “heaven”?
Will there be a better place to establish peace amongst a plural, cosmopolitan and global society? In a society, where neighborhoods comprise of a multicultural coexistence of plural communities constructive dialogue between members are crucial for the promotion of peace, inclusive justice and respect for all people’s liberty (human rights). Any distortion and subversion of the ultimate goal to achieve the maximum security of peace, liberty and justice for the global society is tyrannical and an injustice to the global society, to both current and future generations. There is neither a second earth nor a first “heaven” to flee to. It is the negligence towards the environment hat hast caused the conflict between the generations as they debate about generational justice.
“#FridaysForFuture is a movement that began in August 2018, after 15 years old Greta Thunberg sat in front of the Swedish parliament every school[-]day for three weeks, to protest against the lack of action on the climate crisis. She posted what she was doing on Instagram and Twitter and it soon went viral.
On the 8th of September, Greta decided to continue striking every Friday until the Swedish policies provided a safe pathway well under 2-degree C, i.e. in line with the Paris agreement.” –Source: FridayForFuture
The opportunity costs of the future generations
What kind of environment is the current generation willing to leave behind for the future generations and at who’s costs are current liabilities being incurred and profits being earned? Those incurring higher costs may not be the payer of the cost, but the future generations. What does the global society gain, if it lives at the very essential cost of future generations? How much measure of self-interest (if not selfishness), reciprocal behavior, and altruism is the optimal diet for the unlimited amount of wishes of current generation?
Impeachment in USA: Should leaders take responsibility of their behavior towards the democracy?
Impeachment is the political process of removing an incumbent holder of a political office from the public office they hold. Leaders elected in their public office should represent the public in a responsible manner, but who really represents the will of the People in a democracy? Where are the checks and balances in the Arms of Government? Is it the Judiciary or the Executive or the Parliament. Are executive privileges above the constitution? Can the executive coerce the legislature (Senate and Congress) to opportunistic behavior and lower the political moral standards? Below is a RSS from CNN for a follow up.
“The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.Article II – Executive Branch, Section 4 of the Consitution (Ratified 17.06.1788 and as ammended) of the United States of America (USA)
- The US has now passed the bleak milestone of 100,000 coronavirus deaths, highlighting the government's response and raising questions about whether many of those lives could have been saved. CNN's Wolf Blitzer joins CNN Correspondent […]
- Lights, Camera, Social Distancing. CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash joins CNN Correspondent Kristen Holmes to break down her one-on-one sit down interview with presumptive Democratic nominee, former Vice President Joe Biden and how he […]
- With much of normal American life still shut down, President Trump traveled to Baltimore for a Memorial Day celebration. CNN Correspondent Kristen Holmes is joined by CNN Senior White House Producer Kevin Liptak, who went […]
- More than 38 million have filed for unemployment since the COVID-19 crisis began, and the Senate just left Washington without making key changes to essential economic protection programs. CNN Washington Correspondent Ryan Nobles is joined […]
- President Trump travels to Michigan, and threatens to withhold funding from swing states looking to expand vote by mail during the pandemic. Join CNN Washington Correspondent Ryan Nobles and CNN Political Correspondent Abby Phillip as […]
- It often seems like the President wants cable news to look more like a Trump rally. Well, that's exactly what the Trump campaign has been producing each night with "Team Trump Online." Join CNN Washington […]
- President Trump announces he is taking a controversial, unproven, and potentially dangerous drug to try to prevent coronavirus. CNN Washington Correspondent Ryan Nobles is joined by CNN Fact Checker Daniel Dale and CNN White House […]
- President Trump is trying to make the 2020 election all about his predecessor, President Obama. But is that a move that could backfire and help his opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden? CNN Washington Correspondent […]
- As former Vice President Joe Biden digs into his search for a running mate, President Trump lashes out at his predecessor, President Obama, with a bogus conspiracy. On today's episode, CNN Senior Political Commentator and former […]
- Imagine working from home AND deciding the future of President Trump's tax returns…That's exactly what the Supreme Court did this week. CNN Supreme Court Reporter Ariane De Vogue joins CNN Senior Political Reporter Nia Malika […]
- Health and Economic Risk: Social Distancing as a Health Risk Management ToolSocial distancing measures propagated by health experts and belatedly by governments worldwide as a means of health risk minimizer, are yet to unfold their full impact on health risk management caused by the COVID-19. Nevertheless, social distancing poses a high risk to the economic and social life of affected communities globally. Fears of a global economic slowdown have dominated discussions amongst the public, experts of different disciplines, politicians, entrepreneurs, and others.
- Economic Policy Adjustments in Germany and in the USA amid Coronavirus-Pandemic and Corona-CrisisHow are Governments courageously dealing with the Coronavirus-Pandemic and the Corona-Crisis? Worldwide politicians are reacting very differently. Reactions to the pandemic have now become a war between optimism and pessimism. While some politicians realize how serious the current health crisis will be, others are busy procrastinating about an optimistic future. Early birds catch the worm and can navigate through the health crisis, taking leadership on flattening the pandemic spread of the Coronavirus.
- Health Economics and the Coronavirus: How do Pandemics contribute to Innovation?The Coronavirus has caused the Corona-Pandemic disease COVID-19 ravaging human health around the globe. But are we at the edge? Will health scientists find solutions to this pandemic? How can the Coronavirus Pandemic contribute toContinue reading “Health Economics and the Coronavirus: How do Pandemics contribute to Innovation?”
- Synergy between Health and Economics: Oil-Price-Crash or Corona-CrashHealth shocks can also cause economic shocks (ceteris-paribus). The coronavirus pandemic is one of the health shocks that might unravel another global economic shock. Why is that the case? Fact number one, health is a basic human need. Consequently, the satisfaction the health needs requires human decision-making in all economies. Decision-makers face the challenge of managing the synergies between health and economics amid a health shock. How is the Scenario?
- Corona-Crash 2020 and the impact on the global economyMonday 09.03.2020, will historically be remembered as the Global Corona Crash, a global health shock, that hit almost all economies worldwide. What will be the global macroeconomic and microeconomic impact of the Corona Pandemic? The financial markets reacted toContinue reading “Corona-Crash 2020 and the impact on the global economy”
- The magic square and hexagon of macroeconomic policy objectives of an economyEach national economy, in accordance with its economic order, pursues a number of quantitative and qualitative economic policy objectives in order to maximise the social welfare and economic welfare of an economy. The quantitative economicContinue reading “The magic square and hexagon of macroeconomic policy objectives of an economy”
- Linear RegressionLinear regression belongs to the econometric methods of empirical research, which are applied in almost all sciences. Linear regression is set of econometric methods of estimating statistical causality between two or more factors (variables of interest).
- Future of Sustainable Cooling SystemsABB has the patent (No. PCT/EP2013/064008) with the topic “Discharge of heat from the electrical switch house on the crane”. The inventors are Bo Edmundsson and Horst Schneider. In the electrical switch house (E-House) there are heat generating as well as sensitive components. In order to guarantee operational safety, the heat generated must be efficiently extracted from the electrical building.
- On causality and econometrics — LARS P. SYLLThe point is that a superficial analysis, which only looks at the numbers, without attempting to assess the underlying causal structures, cannot lead to a satisfactory data analysis … We must go out into theContinue reading “On causality and econometrics — LARS P. SYLL”
- What is econometrics?Econometrics is part of the economic as a science, which deals with the statistical (empirical) modelling of economic theories (hypotheses) in order to explain, confirm or disprove economic theory empirically.
Critical questions about Democracy
- What is democracy at a global level?
- Is democracy valued by the current and will it live up to the future generations?
- How do the principles of democracy affect international policies?