Monday 09.03.2020, will historically be remembered as the Global Corona Crash, a global health shock, that hit almost all economies worldwide. What will be the global macroeconomic and microeconomic impact of the Corona Pandemic?
The financial markets reacted to the global coronavirus pandemic with a negative trend this Monday, as the Worldwide COVID-19 (Coronavirus) cases reached a new record of above 110,000 cases globally (See figure below). There is a need for a relative scale, measurement of speed, and acceleration of the spread of the coronavirus. From an analytical viewpoint, three analytical parameters are relevant:
- Firstly, the relative values could be the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases per 100,000 population and location.
- Secondly, the speed could be measured in days as the rate of transmission over time, meaning that the new confirmed COVID-19 cases are reported per day and location.
- Thirdly, the acceleration of the disease could also be measured as the change in the rate of transmission over time, meaning that the marginal change of the rate of transmission is reported of one unit change in time.
Financial Markets adjust to Corona-Crisis
The corona health crisis continued to have an impact on the global financial markets, with global indices like DAX30 falling from above 13500 points in mid-February 2020 to below 11000 Points on Monday, 09.03.2020, a loss of more than 21%. Similar negative trends of indices were observed in other financial markets.
Will the heavy losses be recovered in the future? Such dynamics of financial markets in such times of uncertainty should be part of the market expectations, choice, and decision-making processes. The only optimistic perspective is a historical view, which may not have any additional information about the future trend. In 2019 the Dax had a performance of up to 25% profitability rate. The critical issue soon is how the global slowdown on production, distribution, as well as the consumption of certain goods and services, will affect the world economy.
All sectors of the world economy will get their macroeconomic and microeconomic share of the coronavirus-effect. How is preparedness and rigidity of the world economies? Will the stress-test be mastered?
- Economic Policy Adjustments in Germany and in the USA amid Coronavirus-Pandemic and Corona-CrisisHow are Governments courageously dealing with the Coronavirus-Pandemic and the Corona-Crisis? Worldwide politicians are reacting very differently. Reactions to the pandemic have now become a war between optimism and pessimism. While some politicians realize how serious the current health crisis will be, others are busy procrastinating about an optimistic future. Early birds catch the worm and can navigate through the health crisis, taking leadership on flattening the pandemic spread of the Coronavirus.
- Health Economics and the Coronavirus: How do Pandemics contribute to Innovation?The Coronavirus has caused the Corona-Pandemic disease COVID-19 ravaging human health around the globe. But are we at the edge? Will health scientists find solutions to this pandemic? How can the Coronavirus Pandemic contribute
- Synergy between Health and Economics: Oil-Price-Crash or Corona-CrashHealth shocks can also cause economic shocks (ceteris-paribus). The coronavirus pandemic is one of the health shocks that might unravel another global economic shock. Why is that the case? Fact number one, health is a basic human need. Consequently, the satisfaction the health needs requires human decision-making in all economies. Decision-makers face the challenge of managing the synergies between health and economics amid a health shock. How is the Scenario?
- Corona-Crash 2020 and the impact on the global economyMonday 09.03.2020, will historically be remembered as the Global Corona Crash, a global health shock, that hit almost all economies worldwide. What will be the global macroeconomic and microeconomic impact of the Corona Pandemic? The financial markets reacted
- The Magic Square and Hexagon of Macroeconomic Policy ObjectivesWhat should you understand by Magic Square and Hexagon, economic policy goals, and measures in macroeconomics? The explanation begins like this: Every economy, according to its economic order, pursues a number of quantitative and
- Future of Sustainable Cooling SystemsABB has the patent (No. PCT/EP2013/064008) with the topic “Discharge of heat from the electrical switch house on the crane”. The inventors are Bo Edmundsson and Horst Schneider. In the electrical switch house (E-House) there are heat generating as well as sensitive components. In order to guarantee operational safety, the heat generated must be efficiently extracted from the electrical building.
- What is Econometrics?Econometrics is part of the economic as a science, which deals with the statistical (empirical) modelling of economic theories (hypotheses) in order to explain, confirm or disprove economic theory empirically.
- The Technique of Scientific Writing in EconomicsSince I started training individual students from several economic faculties in German Universities about the technique of scientific writing, they asked me where they could find some inspiration to get an appropriate topic for
- Why Diversity Programs Fail.Diversity in organizations can fail. Organizations need a clear strategic plan for implementation of diversity in their organizational environment using the following tools:
- Our Credentials for Economic ConsultancyEconomics was my third-best option career after Aeronautical Engineering and Architecture respectively, but now I understand the reason why we need to share knowledge across disciplines.